I noticed that the blog “Oracle HCM Cloud REST API how-to miniseries I” is getting popular and today I am going to continue on the topic related to REST APIs in the Oracle HCM Cloud.
I would like to share one important point related to the REST API calls. It’s a REST API framework version.
You may utilize new features or enhancements by specifying a framework version. Depending on the version, functionality for accessing business objects will be different.
Oracle HCM Cloud supports 7 (?) framework versions:
A couple of days ago I came across a new feature that has been available since Release 19C. I noticed it earlier but I am getting around to it only now. Well, the overall conclusion is very positive. It definitely simplifies all sandbox activities among different implementation streams that might work concurrently. The main advantages are the following:
- Ability to select a configuration tool to be used for the Sandbox activity
- Refresh and merge – update a sandbox with a latest mainline updates produced by publishing other sandboxes, possibility to resolve conflicts wherever it’s possible
- Merge option is not supported for Application Composer, instead, there is provided a locking feature for objects maintained by application composer in the Unified Sandbox preventing concurrent updates to the same object
- Now CSM provides the ability to set up a target instance for direct migration of customizations to PROD/QA instances.
- CSM supports incremental loads now.
Let’s enable a Unified Sandbox in my test instance. Continue reading